here are some details on the list from the last post
1. If you hang around successful people they can tell you how they succeeded. Losers can only complain that they are not succeeding.
2. Having a mentor to show you the ropes is the most important thing you can have to help you succeed.
3. If you are going to be an actor, act. If not professionally, then semi-professionally or even in amateur theatre.
4. Don't rely on old techniques. Learn the latest approaches to acting and auditioning.
5. You should always be in a class for networking, learning new approaches and staying sharp. A private tutor can really improve your acting. Even successful movie stars have them.
6. In order to succeed you need to be energetic. Energy is the key ingredient in charisma. A charming personality is necessary for success.
7. You can never hope to succeed if you don't have a strong basis of experience, training and networking. You need a strong resume and good reputation in the industry to get an agent and get ahead.
8. I wrote elsewhere in this blog about not listening to what 'people' say because for the most part 'they' will be wrong. Listen to successful people, your mentor and your tutors.
9. If what you are currently doing is not getting you ahead in the business, then change and try something new. The definition of insanity (and Democrats-sorry, couldn't resist it) is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.
10. If you fail, it is your fault. Perhaps your lack of talent. Perhaps your not following these precepts. Perhaps something else you have neglected. But it is not the agent's fault, not the CD's fault, or anyone else's fault but yours. You have the power to do the right thing or not. You have to ask yourself, Are you doing what you need to do to be a success? What are doing this week that will move you ahead in the business?