Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Whos the actor here?

I have become a bit peevish about aspiring actors of all age asking me to do their leg work for them. I think someone who wants to be an actor or be in the school play and needs a monologue, needs to find it for themselves. I think that any of the people who ask me for help can find things on the web, like auditions, community theatres, and any miriad of things that I am asked to find for them, can find them for themselves. They are the actors. I am the mentor. I make suggestions and recommendations. I am not going to get any work or money out of this, They need to learn that to be an actor, they are going to have to do a lot of things on their own . If they are not good self-starters, they will never make it.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you 100%. Anyone wanting to go in to this business must have the hard work ethic to get them selves there. And must want to put it ALOT of time to get to where they want to be.

    ReplyDelete