Tuesday, October 27, 2009

How do I get started as an actor?

Here's a question that comes up a lot. People take it into their heads that they want to be actors. Of course they know nothing of acting, amateur or profesional. They just think it looks like an easy way to make money. This question is realted to another that comes up a lot "Are there any legit agents in NYC?" I mean really! The answer to both questions is: if you have to ask the question, you are not suited to become an actor. Actors are people who act, therefore to get started I guess you should start acting somewhere. And as for legit agents anywhere, I guesss you have to be old enough to read the yellow pages and smart enough to separate the good from the bad. It you are none of these things, give up acting and go look for work.

1 comment:

  1. Uh, hi! I found you on YahooAnswers surprisingly, and came here to this wonderful blog! I've been intrested in acting ever since I did my first play- the Odessey at my school. It was wonderful becoming the characters and forgeting my life. Creating backgrouds and names. Everything was so exciting. It took a lot of work in that play(I go to a performing arts school) but even then as long as I thought of the results would be I kept going. I want to be an actress, so I can become many different people. So I can put on their masks and share their heart.
    Ahaha thats weird huh? Oh well.
    Just thought you should know if you read silly things like comments.
    Oh Im a freshman. Still young and wandering I know. But for now, my dream is this.

    ReplyDelete